Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nothing to blog

Ok well I guess I will post something new because Billie-Jo is getting sick of my old post and I dont blame her! On Saturday I will have something so fun and exciting to blog about so just hold on and wait for Sunday to come around. Then around Christmas I will blog about what we got, how early we woke up, and what our reactions were to the gifts Santa gave us. I will even tell you who got a lump of coal in their stocking ( I hope its not me, but who knows ). Well for now I will just bore you with how Friday is D.A.R.E Gratuation for the whole 6th grade. I will be recieving a metal for winning out of my class the D.A.R.E essay we had to write. Here is what I wrote to win out of my class. We all voted on who should win, I did not vote for myself ( I think thats cocky )


D.A.R.E. to be Drug Free Forever
Have you ever had someone you look up to? My essay tells a personal story how drugs have affected a person in my own family and how I have learned from this experience.
Dare has taught me a lot about the use of drugs and what harmful things they can do to your body. It has also taught me how to say ‘no’ and avoid the temptation of drugs.
My dad has a cousin who he always wanted to be like. He had a great life, a good family, a good job, and everything you need to have a good life. He discovered a few drinks of alcohol made his troubles seem better and later learned that drugs made his worries disappear or so he thought. He quickly found himself addicted to drugs, losing his job, spending his family’s grocery money, and eventually losing his family and living out on the street. A total different lifestyle than he had before alcohol and drugs took over his life. He is very sorry that he chose to take the first drink and later became addicted to drugs, which now control his life.
Hearing this story helps me realize that even the people you may have looked up to and love can be addicted to drugs. A person can be taught the same, raised the same, and look the same as you and me. If you even try drugs once, you may quickly find yourself alone with no power to overcome the wicked temptation and addiction of drugs.
I realize that drugs are very harmful not only to you but also to the people that love you. I know that I will always stay drug-free because of the disappointment it would bring to not only my family but to me. I enjoy playing sports and being active. Using drugs would affect my ability to enjoy the things I love. I also enjoy having control over my body and emotions.
As a 6th, grader now, I can easily say that nothing will get me to do drugs; however, I realize that through my second cousin’s story that even the most powerful, successful man can be controlled by the sneaky lures of drugs. Making the decision to be drug-free now will help me avoid the temptations of drugs in the future.
I will choose good friends and set a good example to those around me by being drug-free forever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you won!! It is really good!!!!!! I love you!!!! ~ Marci~

Jan said...

Hi Kaylee,
Good job on your essay!!!! I love you and can't wait to see you guys!!!

Jan

Billie Sue said...

Kaylee - Again, I am so impressed with your maturity and ability to express yourself. You have some of Grandpa Maxfield in you and that's a very good thing! You are a beautiful girl with so many talents -- keep it up -- you will grow up to be as beautiful as your Mother!