Last week my family got the opportunity to go to Lake Powell. It was really fun! We drove first to Kamas to attend Jodi's Baby Shower. We stayed one night at Jodi's before attempting the eight hour drive to Lake Powell. We were all split up, Lexie with Grandma, Grandpa, and Ali. Kaleb with Derek and Stacy. Sophie and I in the Minni-van with my parents, what a peaceful ride!Wake boarding
Sophie, my mom, and I all got up on the wake board! I did first day we were there, it took a while but I did eventually! Sophie got up a few days after me, it took her even longer to get up than I did but still did really good! My mom got up on the first try, but she was drug around the lake a few years prior to this in Flamming Gorge. Both Sophie and I are crossing the wake on purpose now.
Tubing
Tubing was another fun thing! Kaleb was the bravest out of all of us...of course! He and I were riding together and the whole time I was holding on for dear life he was giving Derek the thumbs up sign to go faster! Sophie and I also got on the tube together, I thought I was going to die! (I didn't have a picture of Kaleb, Sophie or me on the tube so this is Cam and Livvi)
Holy cow! Kaleb caught lots of fish! The first camping spot we were camped at there was fish everywhere! In the mornings and nights you would catch a fish about every other cast! In the afternoons or 'off time to catch fish' you could see billions, I am serious BILLIONS of tiny bass everywhere, only about five feet off the back of the houseboat! It was amazing!
We decided we wanted to go to Rainbow Bridge before the 10% chance of rain hit. It was really nice weather. The boat ride over was a little chilly, but that was in the front of the boat in the morning with the wind blowing in my face. My dad said that the Indians thought Rainbow Bridge was a holy thing and would never walk under it, always around so he forbid us to go under it. He said it would be bad luck for us.
We would like to thank the following for a great time:
~~~Thanks for so many great memories....and more to come!~~~



4 comments:
Oh my heck. . . how fun!!!!! When I saw the family picture of you guys at Rainbow Bridge, I thought what a beautiful family!!! I have been waiting and waiting for this update so THANKS!! I love you guys so much!!
I forgot to include that Lake Powell was a total make-up free event!!
You are one lucky girl. I love Lake Powell and it is just one of the reasons that I want a boat. I am proud of you on the wake board. I got up my first time too but I didn't stay up as long as it looked like you did!
FUN!!! I missed you at school, though!!! You have a way with words, I always enjoy your posts!! You're doing a good job! LOVE YA! Keep up the good work! ~Marci
Post a Comment