Sunday, October 7, 2007

Nauvoo


This summer my mom, Aunt Jodi, Sophie, Lexie, and I went to Nauvoo to see my grandpa and grandma Maxfield serving their mission in Nauvoo Illinois. We took the train from Downtown Salt Lake Train Station and went for 30 hours! We arrived to a very lonely looking train station in Burlington Iowa. We rented a car in Iowa and drove to a very small, friendly-looking town, Nauvoo. There we stayed with our long missed grandparents. We went to musicals, most were preformed by the missionaries including grandpa and grandma! Then we went to the pageant. We spent our days exploring the pioneer homes and the spiritual story behind each door it was a very moving experience and we all hope to go back next summer! We love our grandparents!!

1 comments:

Billie Sue said...

My goodness! Way to make me cry -- I so long for my best friends, Rod and Gayla! I am so happy they are having a wonderful life and fulfilling their dreams. I am definitely going to see them!